Being an entrepreneur is all about the jet-set business life! They move from meeting to meeting, signing clients, watching their revenue grow by the second. If you are a product developer, your time is full of research and development for your product. Social Media Influencers and Bloggers go about life with camera phones and laptops, capturing life with their cellphones while watching the money pour into their accounts.
Sounds about right, huh? No, you say! Not even close!
Wait…isn’t that what you signed up for when you decided to become an entrepreneur?
Initially, pursuing a business venture doesn’t show you the grit and grind that goes behind managing an efficient operation. Following your passion is one thing, but managing and growing it is another.
Now, you spend precious time answering emails, researching workflow systems, tracking invoices, and managing social media. You work longer hours. The glitz and glamour are gone. The day-to-day operations of keeping your business afloat is drowning you.
Embarking on this dream of building your empire was all you could see, but being in the thick of maintaining your business has brought on a new realization – You need help!
I have a solution for you …
bring a Virtual Assistant on board!
Honestly, there are not enough hours in the day to do everything for your business. You have 24 hours in a day. Not enough to even scratch the surface as a solopreneur. An extra hand might be just what you need!
Here are the 5 benefits to hiring a VA
1. Hiring a virtual assistant allows you to use your time more wisely! Your goal is to bring in more clients and expand your business. Administrative tasks can be handed off to your VA. This not only frees time to expand your business, but take time for more important stuff – spending time with family or even catching up with the latest Shark Tank episode.
2. Virtual assistants are available on a project-by-project or ongoing basis. Some Virtual Assistants over packages based on specific hours, some hourly. Hourly trials are a perfect way to try out your VA before committing to an entire project of retainer.
3. Hiring a VA is so much more cost effective than having full-time employees. Bringing in full-time help also means providing benefits, such as health care and vacation time. You would also need to provide a physical premise for employees to work. Virtual assistants work remotely and have their own tools!
4. Just like your business meets specific needs to your clients, Virtual Assistants come in an array of skillsets and abilities. There are some VAs that are tech savvy and create system workflows you hand no idea were possible. Ther are other VAs that specialize only in Social Media Management and will engage and schedule your social media posts. Some are the creatives, which can whip up a blog post or develop a brand board encapsulating your vision. Understanding your business’s specific needs will allow your VA to show positive progress and impact on your business.
5. Since your virtual assistant works remotely, you can expect most tasks to be completed in less time than it would take an in-house employee. Your VA has your best interest in completing tasks quickly and efficiently since there is a high possibility that they have more than one client. An innovative VA will also be willing to take on extra responsibilities, just as long as adequate training and feedback are provided. Communication is key!
It’s all about relationships!
Therefore, working with a Virtual Assistant is a benefit to your business and overall life!
This relationship is more of a partnership than having an employee. Some VAs are also business owners with multiple clients, which means time management is critically important to them.
Thoroughly understanding what you need from a Virtual Assistant will not only help you in the long run, but help your VA understand what type of service you need to take your business to the next level.
Subscribe to get the latest and most up-to-date buzz from Ms. Virtual Maven.